Friday, May 7, 2010

Things about me I want others to know

I feel like I won't be around as long as I wanted to be, I think I will use this blog once and awhile to talk about myself. Things I want remembered.

I was born December 12, 1965. In the middle of a big snowstorm. No, I don't like winter that much. I accept it but I am not a big winter person. Autumn is my favourite time of the year. When the leaves are falling and the air is crisp. I love the rustle sound when you walk through the leaves at night.

As for the rest of the seasons, I do love the stillness of a winter's night. Unfortunatly most of my neighbours do not and love to start their snowblowers at 3 am. I love spring flowers. I seem to need them. They give me hope that the dampness and winter is finally over. Summer. Well I am not into the hot days but I love listening to a thunderstorm coming through late at night.

I think I have always felt that way. Most of the time I just accept the weather here along the Great Lakes. It was my choice to live here because it was easier then trying to move to a strange area and find a job and carve my life out. My friends and family lived here so it made sense to stay here too. I learned along time ago to accept things I can't change, like the weather. It makes Greg miserable because he can't accept anything he can't change or control.

No comments: